Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Quotable Balances


In case any of you are stuck for inspiration while working on our challenge, I did some Internet surfing and discovered some quotes that might just help some of us with creative solutions to this next challenge.  For example:

“The word 'happiness' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.”
– Carl Gustav Jung
“The whole imposing edifice of modern medicine is like the celebrated tower of Pisa - slightly off balance.” – Prince of Wales Charles


“Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance and order and rhythm and harmony.”
 – Thomas Merton
“Man always travels along precipices. His truest obligation is to keep his balance.”
 – Pope John Paul II


5 comments:

  1. Love the solutions you found Brigitte! I always have tons of ideas, but struggle with how to translate it into fabrics and fibers.
    I have visited Pisa years ago and took photos of the off balanced tower. It’s a very touristic scenery there. Lots of market stalls with little towers of Pisa and other souvenirs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Lots of new ideas I hadn't come upon! how will we ever decide! Or should I say, rats, I rhink I have already decided and can't use any of these great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good quotes and ideas, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an amazing photo. Don't think i could sit there tho : ) lovely inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have lots of latitude and so many possibilities...now to decide and start. Thanks for your post!!

    ReplyDelete