My early thoughts were captured here and here I left you wondering how I was going to add colour and whether I was going to use trapunto.
To pick it up at that point, I decided to use two layers of batting and forego the trapunto. I quilted up my outlines
and decided I would start with thread colour and see where that took me
some stitching - I gave myself some guidelines this time, and used a Frixon pen, which you will see in many of the pictures. Being a wholecloth quilt, I wanted to stick to tradition and have it fairly symetrical. The lines helped with that.
I started with the yellow centre, then moved onto the orange petals
Then to the green cross hatching - I used my rulers here
then to the blue - I started doing a feather but didn't like it so actually did some reverse stitching, which is pretty unusual for me, but I'm glad I did.
you can see I also added some pink in the form of the circles in the corners. Next the background was quilted - I contemplated going with another colour, but then decided that there was such a thing as too much colour, so I dialed it back to white!
Finished the cross hatching, and then did matchstick quilting around the edge. A quick hit with a hot iron and the green marks are gone
I decided that there was already enough colour, so I didn't get to try my pastels, this time.
I added the binding last night
and I am very happy with the final result!
(My apologies about the quality of the pictures, seems I just wasn't ready to take any while the sun was actually shining!)