Thursday, September 4, 2014

and the next in line...

Is me.  
I haven't actually chosen a topic for our next challenge, but I think you will all still find it a challenge!

What I want everyone to do is to show their PROCESS.  
All the dead ends and ugly messes along with the serendipity of creating.  

I have found with a lot of people and some of my art students who look at my work, that they believe creating is hard and that we create it with some sort of inborn magic! - because they don't see the work that goes on before.  
Because they have never seen any of Monet's or Van Gogh's sketches, they think that works of art just happen.
If you want a topic word, then you can use the word PROCESS, which of course is just - A way of doing things.......any things, from acrobatics to zentangling.  
It's about the HOW of things.

In this challenge, there will be a reveal date 
16 November
BUT I want us to all just put up a couple of short posts as we go along about where we are at and especially if we are stuck!
I want this challenge to take away the mystery of creating and show what it really is, just a PROCESS.

6 comments:

  1. I really like this idea- coming from one who has not been the best at documenting her process! No limitations, I've already got some things percolating! Thanks, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this Vicki! Consider my first post up.... A big blank page as my wanders all over the place trying to find my starting point! I'm looking forward to our Processes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...that is a challenge Vicki. I guess the best place to start is at the beginning; a blank page/canvas as Gina mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yikes! I think this will be my biggest challenge yet, Vicki! I am such a think it all out person, in my head, seldom on paper, and then just fly at it, minutes before the deadline. I think I'm going to have to pull some inspiration slips to give me a starting point and some parameters to work with. This will be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, the wheels are turning and I have come up with a preliminary idea. This challenge is so wide open it is almost mind boggling, but by George, I think I've got it. We will see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooo! I do like to take photos of my process... just gotta pick one of my projects to follow!

    ReplyDelete