You’ve all done such a wonderful job on Lisa’s Green theme!
It’s time for a new challenge theme, #7 (is this your lucky number?)
ar·chi·tec·ture [ahr-ki-tek-cher] noun
1. the profession or art of designing buildings, open areas, communities, and other artificial constructions and environments, usually with some regard to aesthetic effect. Architecture often includes design or selection of furnishings and decorations, supervision of construction work, and the examination, restoration, or remodeling of existing buildings.
2. the character or style of building: the architecture of Paris; Romanesque
|The Church of the patron saint of Verona, masterpiece of Romanesque architecture|
3. the action or process of building; construction.
4. the result or product of architectural work, as a building.
Be inspired by architects like Frank Lloyd Wright, Gaudi, Hundertwasser, Rietveld,
Berlage and many others.
|Frank Lloys Wright’s Guggenheim Museum, New York City|
|Gaudi’s Mosaic in Barcelona|
|The Hundertwasser House in Vienna|
|Gerrit Rietveld Huis in Utrecht (Holland)|
|Berlage’s Gemeentemuseum in The Hague (Holland)|
|Prado Museum, Madrid|
|New Arc at La Défence, Paris|
|Sydney Opera House|
or stay close to your home and be inspired by the architecture from the area you live in, or the skyline of your city / cityscape.
5. a style and method of design and construction: Byzantine achitecture
|Harbin Architecture & Art Museum-Byzantine style|
6. orderly arrangement of parts, structure: the architecture of the federal bureaucrazy; the architecture of a novel (or a quilt…)
7. Computer science: the overall design or structure of a computer system, including the hardware and the software required to run it, especially the internal structure of the microprocessor.
16” square again, my friends, reveal date: August 15th, 2012. I love the idea of going back to the 15th of our reveal months. We will have 2,5 months to work on the quilt. Are you OK with that or do you want a sooner or later reveal date?
Let‘s have fun!