Let’s Get Started!!
I feel rather like the flagman at the Indy 500 races, starting the whole event! So, in that spirit, Tangles, your first challenge is. . . .
My hope is that we all approach this collaborative challenge in the spirit of playfulness and fun!
If you need a little bit of help to get your creative juices going, here’s some definitions straight out of the dictionary:
1. an amusement or pastime: children's games.
2. a competitive activity involving skill, chance, or endurance on the part of two or more persons who play according to a set of rules, usually for their own amusement or for that of spectators.
3. anything resembling a game, as in requiring skill, endurance, or adherence to rules: the game of diplomacy.
4. a trick or strategy: to see through someone's game.
5. wild animals, including birds and fishes, such as are hunted for food or taken for sport or profit.
6. Fighting spirit; pluck.
7. to play games of chance for stakes; gamble.
There are loads of directions you could take with this one! Think board games- Monopoly, Sorry, Trivial Pursuit to name a very few. How about card games- bridge, canasta, poker? Some of us are old enough to remember Transactional Analysis and The Games People Play.
If you prefer nature subjects, think game animals, endangered species, environmental causes.
Or, how about the Olympic Games, the Para-Olympics, the World Cup, World Series, the Super Bowl, March Madness? (For the non-USA folks, that is the college basketball tournament that is almost over right now- the final game is tonight.) There’s the Highland Games in Scotland- I’m wondering if the Aussies have anything similar?
What about the games you played as a child- hopscotch, dodgeball, tag, hide and seek, red rover, jacks, blind man’s bluff, tug of war?
Something to do with Las Vegas, Atlantic City, or Monaco would certainly fit here!
These are just a few examples to get your thinking going. I’m sure you’ll come up with many more directions to take the word.
Let the creative games begin!!