I almost made it- finished, that is. It's not quite done, but done enough to post a picture.
It was pretty easy for me to figure out what I was doing with this challenge. What quilter doesn't have remnants stashed away in their studio? I have plenty! In fact, some of these are on their third iteration- anyone remember my Balance quilt? The block was left over from that challenge, and the fabrics were left over from a quilt I made my daughter.
I have been admiring much of what I see in the modern quilt movement- the minimalist approach, the large areas of negative space, and the use of white or gray as a background. I thought this would be an opportunity to try my hand at this esthetic, and see what I could come up with.
I managed to get all the background quilting done today, but I still need to quilt the block and add a binding. Hopefully I'll get to that by the weekend, and then I'll post a picture of the totally finished quilt!
Here you can see a detail of the quilting I did on the white. I like it, had fun doing it- but I think straight line quilting would have been more in keeping with the modern esthetic.
So there you have it- my still-in-progress Remnants.