Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Remnants

Although I brainstormed many ideas for Remnants, I knew I would go with the literal, having SO many remnants piled high in crates. Inspired by bolts of upholstery fabrics I used a few of my upholstery remnants to create this piece. My sketch to get me going...

 
Initial arrangement of remnants of course was changed many times before stitching.....


The hang-tags were made by fusing used coffee filters on both sides of fusible batting. then tied in place with embroidery thread. Rather than a literal price on each tag I experimented with a few of the stitches on my sewing machine.


Thanks for another fun challenge Brigitte!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, this makes me laugh- love the price tags! Another ingenious interpretation of the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina! I love this interpretation!!! how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a great interpretation. The price tags are very whimsical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like the literal interpretation worked for several of us! This is great Gina - and I love the hang tags - fun fun fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! What fun piece this is. I'd love to upholster my wingback chairs with the fabric on the left.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Real fabric remnants? How apt!! A fun, playful rendering of the theme.

    ReplyDelete