Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Aaaaaaand bringing up the rear (literally!)

Just like most of our other Tangled Textilers, I had a really tough time making this theme, "blue", work for me.  Well, truth be told, I did a lot of work on this challenge!

I will leave the gory details about this looooong, draaaawn out process of getting to my final piece to my own blog (but that post isn't written yet!).... suffice to say that there is a story!

After much deliberation, I was inspired by Neil Diamond's song...Forever in Blue Jeans.

And after much embellishment (a rather new technique for me), I was finished....

"Homage to a Clothing Staple or Yes, Neil, Forever in Blue Jeans"


Tangled Textiles, Challenge #9: blue

There are some tags from jeans... both retired and still on bodies!



Tangled Textiles, Challenge #9: blue 

Stenciled, painted, embellished word and more tags...


  Tangled Textiles, Challenge #9: blue 

The said rear pocket - which is actually at the center of the basic
 log cabin configuration of the quilt- 
that's not to say that the rear is always at the center!!!


  Tangled Textiles, Challenge #9: blue 

Some buttons from the fly fronts and 
from the suddenly out-of-commission pair of my overalls (oh that was sad when it happened!)

  Tangled Textiles, Challenge #9: blue

And there is my attempt to honor Neil, himself...


Tangled Textiles, Challenge #9: blue


And the straps from said sadly missed overalls.

Tangled Textiles, Challenge #9

Now I am totally exhausted. Off to rest up before the next challenge is posted!

7 comments:

  1. For this challenge, you are awarded the whimsy and originality prize. What fun!! The bandana binding is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really fun Lisa! I like your embellishments, your Neil is great and the straps hanging off add a perfect finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Lisa! I had some songs with blue running through my head, but I missed this one. I love the straps hanging and the buttons and all the labels - you did a fabulous job, right down to the red bandana binding - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lisa this is so much fun to look at! I love it! Your embellishments, the way you "collaged" it all together...it certainly brought back memories of that song. I used to think the song was called "A Rebel in Blue Jeans" What a rebel you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. Outside the box - literally. I love the straps from your overalls and all the little bits and bobs and the neil diamond thread painting is great. Are we all showing our age - remembering Neil in his hey day?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Judy, you win the whimsy and originality prize! Thanks for a lovely trip down memory lane- jeans and music have been part of my life for longer than I care to remember. Wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you always know how to put a smile on my face with your work. It’s fantastic with all the labels and the straps! It sure has a lot of whimsy!!

    ReplyDelete