Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fowl Beginnings

Well this was indeed a challenging theme Vicki.  So to get going I began to think of beginnings.  What came to mind initially was a collage; a collage showing all the various beginnings of trees.  I envisioned the start of a maple tree, an oak tree, a ginko, but couldn't find the seed for a ginko.  So I began again.  Call it another beginning if you like.

I was quickly running out of time.  Then I started to get the seed of a Beginning.  Stay with me now.  I gathered some of this;

some wool roving and some of this...

                      fur that had feather like pieces. 
I sewed this into a circle, but it wasn't turning out the way I had envisioned.  But then I found some of this...
a decorative yarn that I had stashed away
 
I added this to the circle but it kept getting caught on the sewing machine foot.  Tracing paper helped to keep it in place while I zig-zagged it and tore away the paper, like this.

Are you beginning to get the picture? No? 
 
How about some additional embellishments?
 
 
Okay so I added some appliqued leaves, some, FMQ, and I finally had my Fowl Beginning.
 
Thank you Vicki this one was fun. 
 
"First comes thought; then organization of that thought, into ideas and plans; then transformation of those plans into reality. The beginning, as you will observe, is in your imagination." --Napoleon Hill
 

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brigitte, I love this quilt. It’s made with so much thought and I love all the details. Such a beautiful Beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Brigette, I love this one!!! Great idea and use of fibers! Great quote at the end too! I knew from the title that it was you and your brand of humor!!!!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this too Brigette and I enjoyed your story of your 'fowl beginning'! Beautiful detail and composition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun, whimsical interpretation!! Great nesting materials!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, this is awesome! I had no idea until the end what you were up to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, you kept me guessing, too, but it is really lovely. The textures in the nest are to die for and I love the tree texture you created. This is really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no idea how I missed commenting on yours earlier, Birgitte- love the title and your interpretation! The texture you got with all those embellishments is wonderful- it is a fun and whimsical piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. when you showed me that piece of feathery fur I had no idea what you were going to do with it. Fabulous use of a multitude of fabrics to create your interpretation. So very cool. Love your quote - it sums it all up, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete