However, I did complete my piece well ahead of the deadline, so here it is--
Open, 23 1/4" by 15 1/4"
Hand dyed cottons, machine pieced and quilted
I took Gina's theme at face value- there is no "hidden" meaning to this quilt! I took the opportunity to continue to explore modern design, using my hand dyes. I wanted to see what would happen if I paired a textured, multi-color hand dye with a solid.
This is the first one I've done for our challenges that doesn't measure 16 by 16. I wanted to express an idea of an object leaning into the wind- so I used straight line machine quiltint on the multi-color fabric, and loose, wavy lines on the solid background. I'm rather pleased with the result, and plan to continue these kinds of explorations.
And now I'm off to unpack all the bins and fabric and other stuff from my five day workshop, and cruise to the blog and see what everyone else has been up to!