- decide on the dimensions of the project
- iron fabric to fusible web and cut strips in varying widths
- remove paper from fusible web
- decide which strips will be the the warp and which will be the weft
- set up a weaving board securing the warp at one end with pins. (A piece of cardboard works well).
- When the weaving is complete, tighten up the warp and weft strips so no background shows through
- Place the completed weaving on a background fabric and iron. Follow fusible web manufacturers instructions. Make sure the entire piece is fused to the background fabric.
- Layer the weaving, batting and another piece of backing fabric and the piece is ready for quilting
Did you see the five leaves? I couldn't decide whether or not to stitch around them. What do you think?